We, the Medtimes Medical Group (hereunder “Medtimes”) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data according to the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
When we collect personal data from you, we will provide you with a Personal Information Collection Statement ("PICS") on or before the collection in an appropriate format and manner.
In our medical services centre, the Personal Information may include your name, date of birth, gender, identity document number, previous medical history and contact information (e.g. correspondence address, telephone number(s) and email address) if you are the healthcare service recipient or the guardian of service recipient.
In our website, only collects the personal data that you choose to provide to us.
The personal data and information we collect from you is for the following purposes:
- Processing your registration and appointment requests
- Verifying your identity
- Handling your complaints or enquiries
- Enabling Medtimes to comply with any applicable procedures, laws, regulations or court orders (in each case whether in Hong Kong or overseas), any requests by government, statutory, regulatory or law enforcement authority, and valid legal processes, ordinances obligations;
- Conducting quality assurance, surveys, review, statistical analysis, teaching activities, and research; and
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above
Medtimes will keep your personal data confidential and only our authorized staffs will have access to and handle your personal data. Except with your prior consent, we will not transfer or disclose the collected personal data and information to any third party except as stated below:
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor or service provider engaged by us to provide services or advice (e.g. technical, security or data processing service, etc.) in connection with our operations;
- when authorized or required by law and in response to requests from law enforcement authorities, government departments or regulatory authorities or where required to protect Medtimes’ rights or properties
Unless for the client referred by third party service providers, your personal data may be used for direct marketing of our products and services in accordance with our instructions.
We will take all practicable steps to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure and / or use. The personal data access will be restricted to our employees, who are authorized and trained to handle such data, and who are under strict confidentiality obligations.
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) of collection, after which it will be destroyed.
When you sign in to our website, an identification number in the form of a cookie will be saved on your computer. This allows you to move from page to page on our website without having to sign in again on each page. When you sign out, this cookie will be deleted from your computer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may refuse to accept cookies by modifying the browser settings on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to use certain interactive features of our website.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance"), you have the right to request access to and correction of any Personal Information that you provide to us. Any request should be email to email@example.com. A fee may be imposed for processing your data access request.